28 Aug 2015 How to Minimize “Looking Like A Freak” After Facelift Surgery
Of all concerns about facelift surgery, the concern of looking abnormal following the procedure and about how long it will take to look normal again are often the biggest. Appearance problems are primarily due to bruising, swelling, puckering and stretching of the skin. Those surgeons who do everything they can to speed recovery and educate their patients on their own part in the recovery process are doing a great service for their clients in this regard.
Here are a few things you can do to help ensure a smooth recovery from your Facelift surgery:
1. Steps to minimize bruising: Do not take any medications (unless OKed by your surgeon) that might increase bleeding tendencies: Every surgeon who does a lot of facelifts will have a list of medications and supplements that are known to increase bleeding tendencies
2. Steps to control blood pressure: Ensuring normal blood pressure will reduce swelling and bruising. The patient can do the following to normalize blood pressure during the critical week or two following facelift surgery:
- Keep your head elevated: This, for obvious reasons will reduce pressure and swelling.
- Take your blood pressure medication. Make sure your blood pressure is controlled by an adequate dose of your medication.
- Limit strenuous physical activity. Although walking around in encouraged within a day or two following surgery, anything that you need to strain at or that causes you to huff and puff and sweat should be postponed for at least two weeks following surgery
- Do things that relax you: Your surgeon can even prescribe anti-anxiety/sedative medication during this period if you are overly anxious.
Contact Neaman Plastic Surgery for a Facelift Consultation
The cosmetic surgery team at Neaman Plastic Surgery can help answer all your questions about your upcoming facelift, brow lift, eyelid surgery, and other facial plastic surgery procedures. Contact our office today at 844-338-5445 to learn if you are a candidate for facelift surgery.